Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Day 1: Read-Through and Edits

Today I begin my first day working on the read-through and edits of BEFORE I BREAK.  One of the things I noticed about the book was how quickly is started, and it makes me wonder whether I started things too fast, or if I may have rushed it.  Maybe it's perfect just the way it has.

Haha, nope, never mind.

I do have to say that I am very excited to actually be starting with this, but it's a lot more stressful than I anticipated.  Not only do I have to pay for copyright, I also need to find a way to pay for the cover and professional copyediting, which will add to about $300, which I do not have.  So what does that mean for me?  I haven't really figured that out yet.  With no job and no income, I am finding this a lot more difficult than anticipated.

So far, from the friends and family that have read it, the response has been very good, and I trust these people enough to tell me if it sucks or not.  Trust me, they've done it before.  With that being said, I know I've gone in a wonderful direction, and according to one family member, even tears were formed at the end.  I hope the response from my readers will be just as good.

In case anyone is wondering, I also have a Wattpad account (my username is AlecBelle, no space in between) and have some interesting things on there.  If you're curious about my writing style and voice, I recommend checking it out.

Now back to work.  The work that I may put off for another day...or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment