Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Happy 17th Birthday to Who? Me!

Today is the day that marks my 17th year of living, and it also marks the 4th day since my book's release.  The funny thing is, I never really expected that I'd get this far after only 17 years, but turns out I did, and I am really looking forward to looking back on my life.

Sort of.

Some of you probably know me personally, but the ones reading this blog probably either don't know me or don't know me that well, and that's okay because today I feel like I want to tell the world a little bit about myself.  Not only do I feel like I can be myself, but with the release of my very first book, a lot of people are probably curious as to where most of the ideas came from.  And one of the questions I know people are probably dying to hear is whether or not Avery or Cyril's character is based off of myself in any way.

The answer to that question is...

.
.
.
.
.
.

Avery Branson was based almost entirely off of my life.

The thing is, I used to be a self-harmer and have tried to kill myself three times.  So writing from and outward perspective was a bit difficult for me, but I felt like Cyril saw exactly what I wanted him to see.

And I can proudly that I am 17 years old and I do not self-harm anymore and my depression is gone.  I've gone through a lot in the last few years, but today is the beginning of a new year for me, and I am going to use it wisely.

Happy birthday to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment