Wednesday, November 5, 2014

#AlexFromTarget? More Like #WhoCares

Let me start off by saying I have nothing against this Alex From Target person.  I mean, after all, he's just a normal guy who works at a Target and has become an Internet sensation in less than a week.  I do not hate or dislike Alex.  What I dislike is the fame someone is getting for doing nothing besides being attractive.

So you're telling me that I sit here and spend my money to try and write books for people that mean something to others and get no attention, but someone working behind a counter at Target does?  It really just shows what importance really is to our country and it actually makes me quite upset.  How does someone who doesn't even try to get noticed become famous (especially when he openly admitted on Ellen he has not talent), but then me, an author who's trying to reach people through his writing, can barely get a new follower on Twitter a day?  Or can barely get someone to read my book?  

Like I said, I don't hate Alex.  I hate the world we live in that makes people like me have to struggle to get noticed, but then we make stupid people like Nash Grier and hot people like Alex From Target famous?  Please.  Just give me a break already.

2 comments:

  1. I totally agree. The whole thing has actually angered me quite a bit. I was having lunch with a friend today and we were saying the exact same thing. Our world is in a pretty pathetic place at the moment and real talent or any talent for that matter should be appreciated way more.

    If you actually have a look at the video of Alex on Ellen, Alex himself doesn't actually do anything all that interesting, he doesn't play an instrument, sing, dance, act, write- he literally bags groceries. well done Alex mate. what about a bloody standing ovation while we are at it and would you like a Nobel Prize? why don't we give you one just for the hell of it.

    As I said, all of this is pretty pathetic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's basically because he has a pretty face, which is unfair to the people who work hard to make it. For me, I am a self-published author, and I use Twitter every day in hopes to get ONE new follower, and he gets so many in less than a 24 hour period all because he's hot. It just goes to show you what our country really cares about.

      Delete