Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Overcoming Writer's Block (And Other Random Topics)

I've decided tonight that I'm going to try and exercise, so if you're reading this blog post, then you're going to be reading my random thoughts as I try to overcome writer's block.  Now, I can't guarantee that there will be anything remotely interesting in this post, because you know, as the title says, it's just random thoughts that are coming to my head.  I just went and made some Mint Medley tea in hopes that it'll help get some thoughts flowing because this writer's block is really kicking my butt.

As of right now I'm trying to write two books:  Shadow's Wings (the second book in The Forbidden Darkness Chronicles) and Once I Fall (the sequel to Before I Break).  Both books I am currently having an issue starting and it's driving my crazy.  I can't even think of a good first sentence.  What stresses me out even more is that I have deadlines that need to be met and I've been sitting here for nearly a month and a half and haven't written anything because I feel so brain dead.

I think every creative person's worst nightmare is the thought of losing their creativity for good.  That's exactly how I feel right now, like every creative bone in my body has been crushed to a million pieces.  I feel like I'll never be able to write again.  I don't think anyone who's not creative understands the feeling, and it hurts.  It actually makes me go crazy.  While I do believe there's a scientific reason for writer's block, I'm not sure it's been proven what exactly causes it yet, but it really sucks!

I truly don't know what to do, and as I set here at 12:43 AM typing this while my brother sleeps, I desperately wish I could be writing.  After the cliffhanger at the end of the first book in The Forbidden Darkness Chronicles, I want to know how things turn out, yet here I am as dumb and oblivious as I've been for 6 weeks.  

Earlier I was reading The Witch With No Name by Kim Harrison, the last book in The Hollows series, and boy do I wish I could finish it!  For some reason I've been lacking in the reading department and...I don't really know why.  I think something's going on with me, but maybe I'm wrong...Anyway, I want to finish the book because it's the LAST book in a series I've loved for so many years and hate that it's taking me so long to read it.  I am also reading Apollyon by Jennifer L. Armentrout and really love it as well. 

What else can I randomly talk about?  Well, right now I'm listening to my new favorite indie band called WE ARE TWIN, and I really recommend checking them out.  They're great, truly, and give me really good inspiration.  It's not my typical style in music, as it sounds more...dance and pop, and I don't know, it's odd.  Like...80's?  90's?  Definitely doesn't sound like 2000s, but that's what I like about it.

And because I'm tired and think I have some tidbit of interest in reading...I am going to go do that, so thanks for reading this completely pointless blog post about my not-so-interesting life.  :)  Stay turned for my books coming out next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment